Ekaya Housing Association will maintain its properties to a good standard and ensure that it provides a level of service appropriate to the needs of its tenants.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POLICY
The key objectives of Ekaya's repairs and maintenance policy and procedures are as follows:
- -To keep our housing stock in good condition;
- -To meet the Decent Homes standards at minimum;
- -To ensure customer satisfaction with homes & repairs services;
- -To provide cost efficient repairs and maintenance service;
- -To give tenants the opportunity to have an input into the decision making process.
- The Association will recharge tenants or former tenants in the following circumstances:
- When work is required due to unauthorised change to or damage to Association’s property caused by a tenant or anyone living in or visiting the property;
- When work is carried out by the Association but responsibility for the work lies with the tenant according to Landlord/Tenant responsibilities outlined in the Tenant’s handbook;
- When work, repairs or removal of discarded items is required to a void property prior to re-letting, due to damage, neglect or unapproved alterations carried out by the outgoing tenant;
- Costs associated with abortive calls from our contractors, where tenant have failed to keep a pre-arranged appointment will be recharged.
Click to download PDFTitle: Repairs & Maintenance Policy Date: 27/02/2009 Size: 157.58 Kb