Aims of the Policy
- To provide clear guidelines to staff & tenants on how tenants can apply for a transfer.
- To provide a framework in the adoption of the pointing system on how each case is prioritized to ensure fairness
- To ensure that the Association continues to meet the changing needs of our tenants
- The Association meets its obligations to its regulator the Tenant Services Authority that we maintain the highest standards of probity in our application of this policy
Ekaya adheres to its Equality & Diversity Policy which states ‘Ekaya Housing Association is committed to provide equality of opportunity and embrace diversity in all our activities.’
- The Association recognises that tenants’ needs change over time and it aims to respond to tenants’ circumstances by providing housing more suitable to their needs. However we have a responsibility to perform in accordance with local authority nomination agreements, which may reduce the number of properties available for tenants requiring a transfer. Ekaya treats its relations with its local authority partners seriously and is committed to ensuring that local authorities receive their full entitlement under Nominations Agreements.
Click to download PDFTitle: Transfer Policy Date: 27/02/2009 Size: 36.62 Kb