Rehousing options

If your circumstances change and you would ideally like to move, you have a number of options: 

  • Get a transfer
  • Make a mutual exchange
  • Register with the Local Authority

If you are an Ekaya resident, you can apply for either a mutual exchange or a transfer to another Ekaya home from your current location. 

Residents may want to transfer for a variety of reasons including:

  • Need for relocation, such as job move or change in personal relationships
  • A disability or medical reason
  • Lifestyle changes, such as retirement
  • Harassment 
  • Domestic violence
  • Affordability
  • Change in family size

Mutual Exchange

A mutual exchange lets you exchange your home with another Ekaya resident, or with a resident from another housing association or council almost anywhere in the country. To arrange an exchange, contact your council’s housing office or any housing associations with suitable properties in the area you wish to move to.

As long as you do not have rent arrears and your home is suitable for the people you wish to exchange with, we will normally agree to a mutual exchange.

The HomeSwapper lettings scheme that allows you to advertise your home online. You can register with HomeSwapper by visiting their website here 

Transferring to Another Ekaya home

If you are an Ekaya resident, you can apply to transfer to another home from your current location.

In order to transfer your home, please download and complete the form below.  This should be sent to us at 145 Stockwell Road, London, SW9 9TN.

MS Word Document
Transfer / Housing Application Form

PDF Document

Transfer / Housing Application Form